Friday, October 31, 2014

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2014 . . .Dinner~in~A~Pumpkin with Lila Jeanne!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2014-
Here I am in my Waffle Lady Farm Kitchen after it rained all night so it is a perfect day to make my very traditional Dinner~in~A~Pumpkin.  Honestly I have done one every year since Cindy was a toddler. . .my first of six children!

Recipe for Dinner ~ in ~ A ~ Pumpkin
1.  My children loved to draw a Pumpkin Face on the outside. (This year I found some Bat Stickers that I thought were cute).  Then I would carve out the lid & scrape all the seeds & pulp from the inside with a large metal spoon.  Now watch my precious grand-daughter Lila-Jeanne help me make a
Dinner-in-A Pumpkin this year right here in my Farm Kitchen!  Third generation little Waffle Lady!

2.  Next I would take some salt & pepper I shake it inside the Pumpkin & rub it all over so when the pumpkin bakes it has some extra flavor.

3.  Now  dice one large Yellow Onion & 1 cup of chopped Celery and a dash of Garlic Olive Oil in a skillet.  Add 2 pounds of organic Ground Beef extra lean so you don't have to drain it.

4.  Add 3 cups of cooked Brown or White Rice that you have cooked ahead in a rice cooker, 2 small cans of Cream of Celery Soup, 1 small can of  Water Chestnuts- chopped into bite size pieces, 1 cup frozen peas, 1 cup of frozen corn and MIX IT ALL TOGETHER.  Season lightly with low-salt Soy Sauce to taste.

5.  Ok, you're ready to pack the pumpkin & place in the center of your oven (take all the racks out & place your Pumpkin on the bottom rack.

6.  Set the oven at 350 degrees & back about one hour or until the insides of the pumpkin test nice & tender with a fork.

Serve with love by taking a big spoon & scoop out a big portion of the meat & rice mixture and some of the Pumpkin Squash you just baked so nice & tender & feed to your children BEFORE they go out Trick-or-Treating.  I promise they won't be able to eat as much CANDY.  Now that is how I TRICKED my children on HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment