Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Baked Apples in my Crock Pot

Good Morning friends & family,
Last night I was so grateful to feel the first Autumn Breeze of fall pouring through my farm kitchen . . . so I just had to take my fresh Honey Crisp Apples I bought at the local farmer's market & make
Crock Pot Easy Baked Apples.  I was a little short on ground cinnamon so I took the whole cinnamon sticks from the pantry & broke them in half to look like apple stems & stuffed them in the top of the apples just before baking which worked with just the right amount of cinnamon flavor.  Next I took a bottle of 
Waffle Lady Apple Pie Syrup that I make right here in my farm kitchen & it was just the finish I was looking for.  Seriously these were much better than baking them in the oven  . . .Here's the recipe for 4 apples-
     Core out an apple for each person by using an apple corer or melon baller 3/4 ths into the apple.
In a separate glass bowl mix together 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts, 1/4 Cup Raisins & 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon.  Pour over 1/4 cup melted Butter.  Stir together & pack firmly into the holes in the apples.  
     Pour 1/2 Cup Water into your Crock Pot & 1/4 Cup Apple Juice or Apple Pie Syrup.
Set your Crock Pot on HIGH for 1.5 hours or until apples are beginning to split & are soft when tested with a fork.
     Add a dollop your favorite Ice Cream or Yogurt and of course            Serve with Love-:)

No comments:

Post a Comment